- We can use Angular 2 for Electron apps, and in this tutorial, we explore how to get a desktop image size calculator app wired up.
- Electron is an open-source project from GitHub that makes it easy to build cross-platform desktop apps using web technologies.
- There are, of course, other ways to create desktop applications with web technologies, but Electron is unique in its ability to easily target three operating systems at once.
- In this article, we’ll explore how to wire up a simple image size calculator app using Electron and Angular 2.
- Even though it’s in beta, Angular 2 is a great framework to use inside an Electron app and, once everything is set up, works just the same as if we were developing for the web.