- x and Angular 2 have an equal number of filters to pipes, but there isn’t direct crossover.
- Many of the pipes provided by Angular 2 will be familiar if you’ve worked with filters in Angular 1.
- For example, we can use the pipe to transform a date object in any way we like by providing it with an argument for formatting:
We pointed our decorator to a in which we make use of the pipe:
The and pipes are new in Angular 2.
- Angular 2 provides a special pipe known as , which allows us to bind our templates directly to values that arrive asynchronously.
- Angular 2 provides some great pipes that carry over well from the filters we are used to in Angular 1.
Tweets by pkozlowski_os