Speech technologies are becoming more mainstream, and these days, most anything can be voice-controlled – including your web applications. This course will teach you the basics of using the Web Speech API to add speech recognition and synthesis capabilities to your AngularJS applications.
- At the core of the Web Speech API is a thorough knowledge of speech recognition and speech synthesis.
- In this course, Using the Web Speech API with AngularJS, you’ll learn how to create speech-enabled AngularJS applications using the Web Speech API.
- Next, you’ll learn the basics of speech recognition and speech synthesis, and how these concepts can be applied to development of web applications utilizing other frameworks.
- Finally, you’ll learn how to speak text to your users with speech synthesis and even customize the speech synthesizer voice.
- When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have foundational knowledge of the Web Speech API that will help you as you move forward to developing web applications that not only recognize what your users are saying, but speak back to them as well.