A seed project for Angular 2 and TypeScript that is not too simple, yet not too complex. In fact it’s just right!
- I found a few ‘seed’ projects, which provide a good starting point for Angular 2.0 development, however the ones I found were either too simple or far too complicated for my needs.
- This project has TypeScript compilation, source maps, linting, live reload and also packages the built output into a distribution folder.
- Clone or copy this project, then use npm to fetch the dependencies:
If you haven’t used gulp before, install it as a global:
You should see something like the following:
The built output is now in the folder – you can now start up a local development server to see the results:
For faster development cycles you can run the following:
This command runs the build and starts up a development server pointing at the output.
- The folder is watched for changes with the development server reloading automatically when the changes have been built.
- The following is a brief overview of everything in this project:
For Angular 2 / TypeScript development I am using the Atom editor with the atom-typescript plugin, which together with linter-ts.